This post is all about pregnancy affirmations.
50 Positive Pregnancy Affirmations
+ free printable at the end of this post!
Little nervous about a little human growing inside of you? One of the things you can easily do to make your pregnancy journey a more positive and enjoyable one is to use positive pregnancy affirmations. They can help you ease anxiety and stress as well as boost your confidence. Positive statements about your body, your ability to nourish your baby and carry it to term as well as to give birth, can turn negative thinking patterns and worries into positive beliefs.
What are affirmations and how can they help you?
Affirmations are simply positive statements or words of encouragement that can help you stay positive and keep you from overthinking and self-sabotaging.
Don’t worry, it’s not about wishful thinking or some abracadabra. The point is not to stand in front of the mirror (unless you want to, of course) and fake it or force yourself to say words you don’t believe in.
Fact is, we are constantly having thoughts in our minds, and for many people, that self-talk is rather negative. Affirmations can help you become more aware of
“There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner. Wind themselves around your limbs like spider silk, and when you are so enthralled you cannot move, they pierce your skin, enter your blood, numb your thoughts. Inside you they work their magic.” Diane Setterfield
“Let your words elevate your life to the heights of greatness.”
How to use positive pregnancy affirmations?
x print out the affirmations mentioned in this post (scroll down for free printables!)
x write down your own list and for instance keep it on your nightstand to read first thing in the morning and the last thing before going to sleep at night
x put single statements on sticky notes and place them in different spots around your house
x remember a few that really resonate with you at a particular stage of your pregnancy and repeat them in your mind or say them out loud
Creating your own affirmations
When creating your own positive pregnancy affirmations make sure to use the present tense.
You can address all the aspects of motherhood that you wish, especially focusing on those areas where you’re most fearful or self-critical. For instance, the pregnancy itself, connecting with baby, baby’s health, your ability to be a mom, your changing body, labor, breastfeeding.
Create positive statements using the following phrases:
My baby is…
My body is…
My pregnancy is…
I trust that…
I am open to…
In this post, you’ll find 50 positive pregnancy affirmations and can of course use those. I do encourage you to tailor them specifically to your own thoughts and feelings. What are some thoughts that trigger worries, anxiety, stress, sadness, or helplessness in you? What are some negative thoughts you might have about your changing body? Make sure to find words to replace those with positive pregnancy affirmations and hopefully those will then over time become your new beliefs.
You might also like:
- 6 Mindsets That Will Make You Look Forward To Labor
- How To Prepare For Labor – Tips For Body, Mind & Soul
Here are 50 Positive Pregnancy Affirmations
1. I’m grateful for this pregnancy.
2. I feel blessed and empowered by my pregnancy.
3. I am worthy of my baby.
4. I am ready to be a mom.
5. I’m excited about my pregnancy.
6. I will have a joyful, healthy, and smooth pregnancy experience.
7. I welcome all the changes and challenges that are to come with an open heart.
8. My body is welcoming the baby and is able to adapt to its needs, keeping me and my baby healthy and safe.
9. My body knows exactly what it’s doing.
10. I trust my body.
11. All I need to be a great mother is already within me.
12. My body knows how to nourish and grow a healthy baby.
13. I am in tune with my body.
14. I enjoy caring for my body and therefore for my baby.
15. I am healthy and strong.
16. I am ready to embark on this new chapter of my life.
17. I choose to enjoy the process and welcome all the changes with a grateful heart.
18. My baby is healthy and strong.
19. I love my pregnant body.
20. My pregnant body is beautiful.
21. My baby feels my love.
22. My baby feels safe with me.
23. My baby and I are a great team.
24. When I am calm, grateful, and relaxed, so is my baby.
25. I trust my body, I trust my baby and my baby trusts me.
26. My baby is developing normally and is getting stronger with each day.
27. My body is capable of carrying my baby to term.
28. I let go of all the tension in my body and all the worries in my mind. I welcome peace to my pregnant body, mind, and soul.
29. I feel calm and confident in my pregnancy as well as my ability to give birth.
30. All the changes in my body are a sign of incredible strength that I have within me.
31. I feel connected to my baby and that connection will only deepen as time goes by.
32. My baby will enrich my life.
33. My baby will bring joy, love, and adventures into my life.
34. What a great gift it is to be carrying a life inside of me.
35. My baby will bring out the best in me. Through pregnancy, birth, and motherhood I will discover the strongest and most beautiful parts of me.
36. My body is capable of adapting to the pregnancy.
37. My body was designed to give birth naturally.
38. I am the best mommy for my baby.
39. I choose to focus on the blessings, the joy, and the excitement of creating a new life.
40. I am curious and excited about labor. What a gift it is to be able to have this unique life-altering experience.
41. I feel safe and supported.
42. My body will heal after the pregnancy and only become stronger and more beautiful.
43. I accept that my body will need some time to recover after the pregnancy and giving birth.
44. I will feel attractive and confident in my body after the pregnancy.
45. I feel a deep connection with other women. I have endless respect for the female body.
46. I respect my pregnant body and am able to take great care of it.
47. Pain and discomfort are only temporary and will not determine how I will remember this journey. I choose to fill my heart and my mind with gratitude, peace, and excitement.
48. All the changes in my body are normal, natural, and beautiful.
49. I am able to breathe calmly and deeply. By doing so I connect with my body and my baby. I feel calm and at peace.
50. I look forward to meeting my baby.
YOU GOT THIS!
This post was all about pregnancy affirmations.