Farm Animals Flashcards Free Printable
Teach your child the names of farm animals with these minimal, adorable free printable farm animals flashcards for kids.
You’ll find your free farm animals flashcards at the end of this post!
Children learn new vocabulary best when they hear them over and over again in a meaningful context.
How to help your child learn new words?
- describe what your doing and seeing throughout the day
- read to your child
- sing to them
- teach them nursery rhymes
- engage in pretend play
- use flashcards
Kids learn new words through repetition. You can certainly foster your kiddo’s language development by repeating words to them throughout the day. Preferably in various situations.
It’s best to start with words around the child’s interests and vocabulary connected to the child’s surroundings as well as your daily routine. Besides using the words in the specific situation, you can also use flashcards portraying those words to further help your child understand and memorize them.
Teach your child the names of animals typically associated with the farm.
Below you’ll find your free printable farm animals flashcards. The PDF consists of 3 pages with 4 animals per page, so there are 12 flashcards. The animals included are a cow, pig, horse, goat, hen, rooster, duck, donkey, rabbit, sheep, dog, and cat.
Flashcards are a great educational tool for young children as they offer an engaging way to learn new words, build their vocabulary, and start recognizing letters as well as whole words. Obviously, they’re best used in addition to other materials, games, and activities.
If flashcards seem to be working for your child you’ll find over 200 free printable flashcards on this blog. Covering all sorts of toddler-friendly topics such as weather flashcards, spring flashcards, fruit flashcards, and more!
Your kiddo will also like:
Fun facts about farm animals for kids:
- Cows can recognize their names
- Horses can sleep standing up
- Dogs stick their tongues out when they’re hot
- Goats are good swimmers
- Hens teach sounds to their chicks while they are still in the egg
- Pigs dream and like to sleep nose-to-nose
- Some breeds of chickens lay colored eggs
- Cows lie down when they sense a storm coming
- Dogs wag their tails when they’re happy
- Sheep have two toes on each foot
- Mother pigs sing to their babies
- Horses have excellent hearing
- Cats can jump 5 times their own height
- Pigs have great memories
Download Your Farm Animals Flashcards Below
You will also love: