This post is all about deep questions about life.
50 Deep Questions About Life To Ask Yourself Today
Whether you’re an overthinker by nature or simply going with the flow, everyone’s life has its ups and downs. And there will be moments where you’ll ask yourself “what the heck is this all about anyway?”. Although, they won’t solve all of life’s mysteries, asking deep questions about life can be very valuable. It will help you switch off the autopilot and tune in with yourself. You might not find all the answers you’re looking for, but there’s value in asking them anyway.
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss
You’ll find the list of 50 deep questions about life below.
You don’t need to be a CEO or a mom of four to feel a bit overwhelmed at times. We all have our battles, dreams, and thoughts. Sometimes we need to pause and ask the right questions. Those may be a bit uncomfortable, deep questions about life.
I don’t know if it’s just me but when I was younger I used to constantly think about what is the meaning of life, wonder what’s up in space, what happens after we die, does true love exist, and so on. I would entertain those thoughts whenever they appeared. Then, the older I got the more answers I presumably got to those questions through life itself. Through experiencing love, loss, joy, peace, chaos, and grief. But that’s just part of it.
The other reason for not asking those questions as often anymore when we get older is that we simply get so caught up in our daily life. We’re too busy paying bills, caring for our kids or our parents, busy meeting everyone’s expectations, or checking things off our bucket lists. We either think we’re too busy to ask such silly questions or we’re happy we’re so busy so we can avoid going deeper and exploring those questions that we do find meaningful, yet are too afraid to face.
I invite you to ask yourself deep questions about life and maybe even ponder about how your answers might have changed over the past years and what were the catalysts for those changes.
“Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who was led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it.” ― J.D. Stroube
You will also love:
50 Deep Questions About Life
- Do you think we are products of nature or nurture?
- How do you define love?
- Have you ever felt unconditionally loved?
- Did you ever love anyone unconditionally?
- Is there anyone in your life you feel a deep need to reconnect with?
- Who hurt you the most in your life and have you already been able to make peace with them?
- If you won the lottery, what negative sides of you would come to the forefront?
- If the world was to end a year from today, how would you live your next 12 months?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe there is a perfect partner for everybody or can you have more than one true love in a lifetime?
- What does success mean to you?
- Would you parent your kids differently if you didn’t try to meet any social expectations?
- If you didn’t know your age, how old would you say you are?
- Are you happy in your body?
- What do you have faith in?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- Do you fear death? If so, what about it makes you feel that way?
- How meaningful do you perceive life to be? Life in general, and your personal life?
- What is art to you?
- Are you chasing prestige?
- Do you think you’re a good friend or partner?
- Would you date someone like you?
- Are you holding grudges?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- Do you think people believe in God out of fear or out of love?
- Do you think everyone is or can be an artist?
- What do you think people crave most in life?
- What do you think people are scared of most in life?
- Do you trust people?
- Do you trust yourself?
- Do you think people are good by nature?
- What do you think is one thing that all people have in common?
- Do you believe humans will ever move to a different planet?
- If there was one moment in life you could relive, what would it be?
- What is one thing you fear regretting at the end of your life?
- Do you ever make yourself the victim of your circumstances?
- Would you be who you are and live your life the way you’re living it if you were guaranteed not to be judged by anyone? If not, what aspects of you and your life would you change?
- Do you believe in second chances?
- What is one thing you’re afraid to do or say?
- What question are you avoiding asking yourself?
- When do you feel most at peace?
- Do you believe in an afterlife?
- Do you believe there is such a thing as a balanced life?
- Do you believe people can truly change?
- Do you like the life you’re living?
- What do you appreciate most about your upbringing?
- What do you resent about your childhood?
- Do you think life can be simple?
- Who or what shaped your life in the most positive ways?
- What’s one thing you’d change about your family?
“There is such freedom in being able to sit still … with yourself, your questions, thoughts, dreams, and doubts. In fact, I can’t think of anything more frightening and liberating.”– Brittany Burgunder
50 Deep Questions About Life To Ask Yourself Today