This post is all about affirmations for self-love.
25 Affirmations For Self-Love
Self-deprecating language doesn’t serve anyone. Get familiar with affirmations for self-love and try to use those kind words instead.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might earn a small commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Let me be straight up. Affirmations are NOT going to solve your problems and I’m not asking you to sit in front of a mirror daily and repeat words to yourself that you might not necessarily believe are true.
However, many of us walk through life doubting, criticizing, and punishing ourselves in our thoughts with negative self-talk.
In that case, getting familiar with and saving (preferably in your brain, alternatively on your phone, a journal, or sticky notes) affirmations for self-love that you can read to yourself or repeat in your mind here and there can be very helpful.
Hopefully, over time you’ll be able to replace that negative voice and harsh words with kinder, more empowering ones.
First of all, start by monitoring your self-talk for a day or two. You should get a pretty good picture of how kind (or not) you are to yourself. Are you blaming yourself for everything? Are you calling yourself names? Or do you use neutral language?
As I’ve said, we need to take action to move forward in life and see results. However, our minds can dictate how we go through life. What we go after, what we think we deserve. How we handle failures, grief, and success.
Affirmations for self-love and not about lying to yourself or hyping yourself up for no reason. It’s more about starting to talk to yourself like you would to a friend.
Obviously it’s important that the affirmations for self-love you’ll use are resonating with you and addressing the areas of your life that you’re most negative/insecure about. You can use the affirmations below as an inspiration for creating your own.
Do you have kids? Then make sure to introduce them to affirmations for kids as soon as you can.
25 Affirmations For Self-Love
- I choose to be kind to myself.
- I am worthy of love, trust, and care just for being who I am.
- I deserve a peaceful life.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am inhaling confidence and exhaling fear.
- I allow myself to be who I truly am. The right people will love me for me.
- I trust the timing of my life.
- I’ve done the best I could in that moment.
- I give myslef the time and space to heal.
- I have a lot to offer.
- Each failure equals one step forward. I choose to learn from my mistakes.
- The goal is not to be perfect. Nobody is.
- I have the ability to reclaim my power.
- Taking time for myself is not selfish, it’s neccessary and productive.
- I matter and I’m grateful for my life.
- My body and my mind are strong and healthy.
- I am in control of my feelings, my feelings do not control me.
- It’s ok to ask for help, that does not make me weak.
- I don’t need anyone’s approval.
- Peoples’ words and actions do not define me or my value.
- It’s up to me how I handle this situation. I choose to remain calm.
- I respect my needs, my body, and my boundries.
- I am worthy of success.
- I am grateful for my body and all it does for me daily.
- I choose to be present and enjoy this moment for what it is.